Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Favorite and Least Favorite

My favorite story was the Veldt. I thought it was a fun read, and I enjoyed the subtle clues that foreshadowed the ending (the smells, the bloody wallet, etc.)  - it was like putting a puzzle together. I also liked the Story of an Hour. The irony caught me by surprise, and I think it was well-written in that the reader is given a lot of insight into Mrs. Mallard's character, and the emotions she feels after thinking her husband is dead. 

My least favorite story is probably Spinster. It took me a while to get into the story, and it didn't really have much of an effect on me after I was through reading it. Hence, there wasn't much that I could take away from it. I also didn't really like The Lottery. While it was well thought-out, and filled with irony, I was so confused that I had to re-read it several times to understand what was going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment