Monday, June 1, 2009

Hi,

I am originally from Scottsdale, Arizona, and I will be a senior at TCU. I am a political science major, with a minor in history. I enjoy reading books related to political theory, and American/European history (but that's for school). When I have free time, I do like to read. The last series I completed was the Twilight series, and I am now reading The Shack, by William P. Young. 

I am taking this course because I hope to better understand, and acquire some practice in, what generates an enticing story. I remember learning about literary terminology in high school: plot, setting, symbolism, climax, but I'd like to take a course that will help refresh my memory in regard to what constitutes a compelling work of fiction. I do not have much experience with writing anything other than research papers, aside from a few narratives in freshman and sophmore composition classes. I enjoy both writing and reading, and I welcome any opportunity that allows me to do either. Lastly, I learn well through lecture and class discussion.

Something interesting about me is that I used to live in England before moving to the United States. I went to an international school for my kindergarden and first year of elementary school. Also - more hobby-related, I love to run. 

I have read, understand, and agree to the terms of the course syllabus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment